Sunday, October 14, 2007

Baseball Gods dish out some more freezing drizzle justice...

So first of all, Byrnes is a fool and an idiot.
Anyone who's ever played baseball knows you don't just go out and say that the team who's beat you twice now (at your own home) is just lucky.
Why do you not say such idiotic things? Because it pisses off the Baseball Gods that be.

Eric, you ran your mouth off negatively one day and you smash into the wall the next on a Holliday homer. And I want you to know that half the cheers from Rockies fans were from you smashing your face into the wall.

Why else is it not a good idea to piss off Baseball Gods? Upton being the last D-Bag batter of the game with a grounder right to Atkins. That's what happens when you stare down Francis after an HBP and after you throw a shoulder/elbow at Matsui at second while he was trying to turn a DP. Upton should actually be glad it wasn't something worse, like running into the left field wall and having your legs fly above your head on national tv.

On a side note, we picked the wrong section to sit in. Most of the people were treating the game like a regular season game; I lost count of the number of times people behind me said 'down in front', all the while being surrounded by other sections filled with true standing Rockies fans. But whatever, perhaps a foul ball will go flying into the right field corner tomorrow to wake those people up.

Lastly, I can now say that I have been 10 feet from Cal Ripken and Frank Thomas. Their TBS pre-game and post-game show was on the way to our seats. You probably even saw me and/or heard me (yelling 'sweep') in the background and didn't even know it.

We look now to World Series tickets- games 3, 4 and 5(if needed). That's all I'll say about that. I'm gonna go find some wood to knock on now. No, I'm not kidding.

Pix by Ms. Mendoza should follow soon shortly, hopefully.

Mendoza's 5280

No comments: